Whats Trending in Bridal
With London Bridal Fashion Week fresh in our minds, we wanted to bring to you the latest insight on what's 'hot' for 2019/2020 Brides.
For those who want to create a modern and stylised look for their big day, here's how!
1. Simple and Chic - Forget the bells and whistles, and bring on clean crepe, crisp satin and flowing chiffon. Acting as a beautiful blank canvas to the rest of your wedding, pair back your dress with statement earrings, a textured veil, and a large unstructured bouquet and you're good to go!
2. Textured Veils - Adding interest and detail to your bridal look, veils can transform your outfit from day to night and add to the overall wow factor. Hand sewn pearls, floral applique, beading and even stars made an appearance at Bridal Fashion Week and are hanging on our veil rail at Love in Lace. Because if you can't be a little bit 'extra' on your wedding day, when can you?
3. Ruffles - Move over ballgowns, big princess dresses are now being re styled with layers! Beautiful soft tulle cascading towards the ground in a ruffled design create a truly romantic yet stylish silhouette. Do you dare to be a little different?
4. All over Sparkle - For the magpies of us out there, our prayers have been answered! No longer are sequin gowns reserved for black tie affairs, but they make the most stylish wedding dresses too! In tones of nude, blush, gold and silver we dare you to resist making a beeline for beauties like these on our rails!
5. Semi Sheer - On our wedding day, many of us like to feel a little bit sexy but not too exposed. After all, Grandma is sitting in the front row at the ceremony! Semi sheer detailing within lace, and cut out mesh panelling are a modern way to feel utterly glamorous, and details such as these make for great photographs too - just imagine the black and white shots!
6. Colour - A sea of ivory within a bridal boutique is a thing of the past. The industry is recognising that not everyone has the same skin tone and that the rule that the Bride must wear white is outdated. Bring on tones of blush, champagne, grey, mocha and even blue, and be true to yourself on your wedding day. If we were all the same, the world would be a less fun place!
Whatever dress you decide to wear on your wedding day, make sure you feel amazing and like the best version of yourself. If you can picture yourself walking down the aisle in the dress, then it's probably 'the one'!
* Please note that not all dresses and veils are stocked at Love in Lace. Some images are for inspiration only, but please contact us with specific inquiries