Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
1. These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“the Terms”) apply to all orders and contracts for the
sale or supply of goods or services between Love In Lace Bridal Limited (“the Seller” or,
where applicable, “Us”, “We” or “Our”) and a purchaser of goods and services (“the
Purchaser” or, where applicable, “You” or “Your”).
2. By ordering, placing a deposit for, or purchasing goods and services from the Seller you
agree to be bound by these Terms.
Deposits and cancellation
3. A deposit of 50% of the total value of any order is required to be paid by the Purchaser at
the time of placing the order. There will be no contract of sale in respect of the order until
the deposit has been paid by the Purchaser and the order has been accepted by the Seller.
4. The deposit can be paid by either bank transfer or debit/credit card or cash only.
5. Deposits are non refundable. If the Purchaser wishes to cancel the order, they will need to
inform the Seller in writing as soon as possible. If the Purchaser wishes to cancel the order
more than one month after the original deposit is paid, then the Purchaser is liable to pay
the full amount and remaining balance of the gown and must do so within 3 months
6. The deposit is not transferable to any goods other than those originally ordered. If the
Purchaser wishes to purchase different goods, the Purchaser will need to cancel the original
order and place a new order with a new deposit.
7. Deposits are not taken on orders for accessories. The Purchaser must pay for accessories in
full at the time that the order is placed.
8. A final payment of the balance of the purchase price of any order, after taking into account
any deposit already paid, must be paid within 14 days of the order arriving in store and
being ready for collection. In the event that the Purchaser fails to pay the full purchase price in
accordance to the terms and conditions, the Seller is entitled to resell the goods after a period
of one month from notification that the items have arrived with in store
9. In the case of accessories, a final payment of the entire price must be paid at the time the
order is placed.
10. The Seller will notify the Purchaser when the order has arrived in store and is ready for
collection within 3 working days of receipt. Under the terms of its insurance policy the Seller
will provide free storage for two months post arrival in store but the Purchaser will need to
collect the goods within this time.
11. The Purchaser will not be entitled to collect or take delivery of the order, or to make any
external alterations to the order, until the Final Payment has been made.
12. There is a no additional fee for making your Final Payment by credit card.
Delivery, Title and Risk
13. Delivery and collection dates given by the Seller are given for guidance only and are not
binding upon the Seller. Whilst the Seller will endeavour to ensure goods are available for
collection by the date given on the order form, they do not accept responsibility for late
delivery caused by any circumstances beyond their control, including but not limited to
postal delays or actions of the Seller’s suppliers.
14. Delivery to the Purchaser shall take place when the Purchaser collects the order from the
Seller’s premises. Risk in the goods comprising any order shall pass to the Purchaser on
15. Title to the goods comprising any order shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Final
Payment in respect of the order has been made in full.
16. The Purchaser is required to bring identification and all paper work relating to the sale with
them on collection so that the Seller can verify that goods are being collected by an
17. Before the Purchaser collects any goods and removes them from the Seller’s premises, the
Purchaser must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the goods and inform the Seller of
any defects or discrepancies.
Sizing, Fitting and Alterations
18. Dresses are not made to measure. They are ordered by the Seller from its suppliers in
accordance with the relevant designer’s standard size charts. It is usual that some alterations
19. Dresses will be ordered by the Seller for the Purchaser in sizes based on measurements
taken at the time the order is placed by the Purchaser. The dress size will be dictated by the
designer. The Purchaser accepts and confirms that the measurements taken at the time the
order is placed have been taken accurately by the Seller.
20. The Seller’s obligation will only be to deliver a dress in the size ordered by the Seller for the
Purchaser as set out above. The Seller accepts no liability for the Purchaser’s weight gain or
21. The Purchaser acknowledges that fitters require that shoes and underwear intended for the
wedding day be worn to all fittings. The fitter will recommend appropriate alterations to the
dress but if the Purchaser insists on a different fit than recommended on any garment, then
it is done so at the Purchaser’s own risk.
22. The Seller does not carry out alterations but will recommend the services of Seamstresses or
other alterations specialists. Seamstresses or alteration specialists are not employed by the
Seller and are not agents of the Seller. The Seller undertakes and accepts no responsibility or
liability whatsoever in respect of the performance of alterations by, or the Seller’s
recommendations in respect of, such Seamstresses or alterations specialists. Any disputes,
questions or queries that arise in respect of alterations must be resolved between the
Purchaser and the Seamstress or alterations specialist.
23. Alterations are not included within the purchase price of the order payable to the Seller.
Charges for alterations are charged separately and are to be separately negotiated with and
payable to the Seamstress or alterations specialist chosen by the Purchaser.
24. No external alterations may be made to any orders until the Purchaser has made the Final
Payment in respect of the order.
25. The cleaning of garments ordered by the Purchaser will be at the sole risk of the Purchaser.
The Seller undertakes and accepts no responsibility for the actions or omissions of any other
person in respect of any cleaning services that the Seller recommends.
Description, Designs and Swatches
26. Every care is taken by the Seller to ensure that your order matches the swatch of fabric or
imagery of fabric or design that you have seen. However, some variation can nevertheless
occur. All designers reserve the right to modify their designs from the imagery or samples
they have provided to the Seller. Any such variation is beyond the control of the Seller and
the Seller does not undertake or accept any liability in respect of such variation. Should such
variation occur, as much notice as possible will be given to the Purchaser.
27. Sample dresses only provide a guide as to colour, therefore whilst every effort is made to
match materials and trims with the sample, the Seller cannot guarantee identical matches in
28. Some designer brands may offer custom made or bespoke amendment services to their
dresses or accessories. Custom made orders are non refundable or amendable once the Seller
has informed the designer brand of these requests.
29. Sale items may be sample dresses that have been displayed on the premises, and as such
may not be in perfect condition. The Purchaser should check that any sale items are of
satisfactory quality for their requirements. The Seller makes no guarantee that visible marks
or stains can be removed by cleaning.
30. We are unable to provide storage for sale items once sold. Sale items must be paid for in full
and collected at the time they are ordered.
31. Sale items cannot be returned or refunded.
32. We cannot book accessories-only appointments on a Saturday due to the volume of
appointments. Accessories-only appointments are available free of charge on all other days
that Love in Lace Bridal is open during the week.
Limitations of liability
33. The Seller will not be liable for any defects or discrepancies found by the Purchaser after the
Purchaser has collected the order and removed it from the Seller’s premises.
34. The Seller will not be liable, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, for any indirect,
consequential or special damages or losses of whatsoever nature or howsoever caused,
whether related to the supply of the goods or their use or not.
35. Due to the delicate nature of the goods, the seller cannot be held responsible or liable for
any damage incurred after collection, during or after the wedding or whilst the dress is in
36. It is recommended that the goods are kept out of direct sunlight for storage and are not
packed tightly, alleviating the risk of pressure marks and keeping embellishments and other
alike details intact.
Governing law and jurisdiction
37. These Terms and any contract for the sale or supply of goods and services between the
Seller and the Purchaser shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising out of or
connected to such contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of
England and Wales.
38. Cancellations of paid appointments are refundable up to seven working days before the appointment date.